Some Lincoln factoids:
- He is completely obsessed with tractors. Perhaps he is related to Andy?
- He said "I love you" for the first time Friday, in response to Rilla's "I love you." It's all vowel sounds at this point, but it sounds wonderful.
- Lincoln, as evidenced by the picture above, thinks babies, books, and a blanket are all necessary accoutrements to sleep. He sings to himself in the crib, a most beautiful sound.
- He is talking quite a bit, but very few sentences as of yet. About the only time he'll use a sentence is to correct you-- "NOT wet!"
- His idea of bliss would be to have someone constantly on hand that would let him in and out of the house unhindered. He loves being outside, but isn't quite responsible enough to be out there without supervision. Thankfully, Cheyenne likes sitting on the porch reading a book, so they keep each other company for hours on end. I can see that Cheyenne will be a big help this summer!
We heard this evening that a very special lady has gone to her final reward. We'll be heading to that funeral, whenever it is. I lived with Joan while I went to graduate school, and I have a lot of wonderful memories of her gracious spirit and life. Hard to believe she's gone.
I do have lots of pictures and blathering to post here soon. Some upcoming posts include April pictures, May pictures, my thoughts on summertime, pictures of the re-arranged house... we'll see when I get to it all, in between laundry and travel!