Monday, January 10, 2011

Random Mid-day Thoughts of a Stay-At-Home Mom

  • I'm thinking of having a hip operation. If I permanently grafted Lincoln onto my hip, then he might be happy.
  • I don't think Elliott has maintained 3 seconds of silence in the last half hour. I have been asked 567 times whether I can skip/jump this high/run this fast/make this noise. I have also been asked whether I like everything from frogs to oatmeal to big houses. This kid gives new depth to the term "verbal processing".
  • I just made bread using my Kitchen-Aid mixer, and I decided to double this recipe I'd never tried before. I don't think it's going to work, so I made my poor Kitchen-Aid motor smell like Cody's tires after a particularly spectacular burn-out, all for nought.
  • Some guy just came and tried to sell me "beef, pork, or seafood" out of the back of his pickup. Am I the only one who would find this slightly fishy? Am I the only one who smirks at their own puns?
  • I need to find a voice-recognizing dictation system so I can type with two wiggly babies on my lap.
  • Will there ever be a day when I don't have a huge pile of STUFF stashed on/under/around my desk?
  • Evan is roofing a commercial building today in a very snowy, icy area. I am spending the day trying not to visualize his funeral and the ways I will be able to make a living afterwards.
  • Lincoln is highly offended that I don't consider the contents of the trash can an appropriate toy.
  • Will I ever drink a cup of tea that isn't ever-so-slightly (or just flat-out) too cold?
  • Why did I think it was a good idea to write on my blog instead of folding laundry/tackling paperwork/cooking supper/sweeping the floor?

No comments: